If you are looking for an antivirus solution to secure your Mac devices, Avast for Mac is the best option that you can go with. The antivirus offers many perks such as, you can have the latest protection for all your devices without spending a lot of money. The free service allows you to make a choice if you are in a dilemma of selecting the antivirus.
Avast free antivirus for mac keeps the smart devices free from malware attacks. It uses signature-based detection and Mac-specific features for the detection of malicious content. Not only this, Avast for mac quarantines the PC malware to prevent its future dispersion.
Before moving on with the process to use Avast free antivirus for mac, you should note that it supports any version of OS X which is having 128MB of RAM and 750MB of available disk space.
Security and privacy features of Avast free antivirus for mac
- Not only does the free antivirus monitor your computer and its network connections in the background, but it also allows for both on-demand and scheduled scans of your Mac devices.
- It also scans your router to look for signs of malicious DNS hijacking and executable shell-code scripts along with the unopened archive files such as ZIPs.
- The Online Security browser extension automatically installs itself in Chrome unless you opt-out of the service, while Firefox prompts to ask for your consent.
- The Avast extension button turns green when you’re safe and red if a site is potentially harmful.
- Avast also monitors POP3 and IMAP email clients, including Apple Mail, Thunderbird, Postbox and Airmail of your Mac.
However, the free version doesn’t have any of the extra features offered by paid competitors, such as firewalls or webcam blockers.
Steps to install Avast free antivirus for mac
Follow the steps given below carefully to use Avast on your Mac device for free. In case you encounter trouble while performing these steps, seek assistance from the Avast Support.
- First of all, visit the official website of Avast and then in the search bar type “Free Avast Download”.
- Form the search result, click on the “Download” or “Download Now” button.
- Once you hit the button, the installer file is placed on your Mac.
- Now, you have to go through the End User License Agreement and agree to it so that the installation process takes place without any hassle.
- The free Avast installer will download more files and install it on your computer.
- In the end, restart your computer and start using the antivirus.
Once the life-cycle of the trial version comes to an end, install the paid version to fully secure your Mac as well as other devices. For more information regarding this, get in touch with the top-notch Avast Support Number.